1. Kickstarter is a platform that excels at funding projects oriented at pre-selling a product. Our approach did not take advantage of this. Our goal was too broad.
2. Our timeline was too tight, 60 days would have been better.
3. If projects leverage the community surrounding a specific location for a specific business We have noticed success. We could focus our goals to help one neighborhood, block by block, rather than talk about replicating our pilot project in cities in general.
4. We needed a more robust media partner to bring awareness to our fundraising goals.
5. It would have worked to our advantage to include our awesome retailers in the value exchanges so they can offer awesome products to help the greater good.
As popuphood moved forward I know we will incorporate these lessons and try again so I hope you will consider donating and supporting our efforts for a dynamic creative economy.
-Sarah Filley, Co-Founder